Pre Course Requirements
You should also have a working knowledge of Google Analytics and the course requires a degree of logical thinking and the ability to grasp some technical web concepts.
Please note that this course assumes you have an existing website that you can work on or an existing Tag Manager Account related to an existing tagged site. If you need to set up a new site with tag manager you will require administrative access to your site’s CMS systems and core template files as well as direct access (via S/FTP or SSH/terminal) to your website files on your web servers.
- You will be able to set up a tag manager account and deploy one or more Tag containers into your website/s.
- You will be able to understand the core concepts of how the tag manager operates and it’s workflows and data layering.
- You will become confident in using the tag manager interface and using workspaces.
- You will be able to understand the concepts of tags, triggers and variables.
- You will be able to use the tag manager to deploy some key tags and configure some custom web analytics tracking options.
- What is GTM?
- The GTM architecture.
- Why should I use GTM?
- What are tags and what can I use them for?
- What “ready made” tags are available?
Signing up and creating a container
- Signing up to GTM.
- Considering cross domain and sub domain tracking needs.
- Adding your first container.
- Deploying your container/s to your website.
- Upgrading from Universal Analytics to GTM.
- Signing in and choosing an account.
- Switching between accounts and adding accounts.
- Setting personal preferences.
- Administration controls and adding other users.
- About workspaces and versions.
- The interface.
- About Folders.
- Tags, Triggers and Variables.
- The GTM workflow process.
- Using built-in vs user defined variables.
- What is the Data Layer?
Creating your first tag
- Installing Google analytics universal tracking tag.
- Installing a social media tracking tag.
- Other ready made Tags available.
- Configuring your first trigger.
- Configuring a variable.
- Bonding a trigger and variable onto a tag.
- Switching to preview mode.
- Testing tags in Chrome.
- Testing tags with Google Analytics.
- Publishing your tags and workspace changes.
- Tracking the workflow and history.
Enhanced website tracking with GTM
- Identifying and planning trackable activities.
- Configuration accuracy.
- Simple form submission tracking.
- Simple button interaction tracking.
- Setting up document download tracking.
Working with 3rd party services
- Integrating Google Ads.
- Setting up a re-marketing tag in GTM.
- About youtube video tracking.
Questions and Answers
Sorry. No other course information available at the moment.