Pre Course Requirements
You should have everyday PC or Mac skills.
Some basic HTML and a rudimentary understanding of front end web development will be very helpful. If you are a complete beginner with no existing HTML knowledge please consider my Introductory HTML course before attending this course.
During the course, we will be setting up some primary measuring tags and so a working knowledge of Google Analytics would also be helpful.
Please note the following:-
- This course assumes you have an existing website that you can work with.
- The course has some scope to set up Tag manager on your existing site but you will require some key administrative access to your site’s systems which should be gained ahead of the course. Please contact me for advice on this prior to training.
- Working with an existing Tag Manager Account related to an existing tagged site is fine but please make sure you have all the relevant access and login credentials prior to training. (Full administrative rights to both the container and the workspace is needed).
- You will be able to set up a tag manager account and deploy one or more Tag containers into your website/s.
- You will be able to understand the core concepts of how the tag manager operates and it’s workflows and data layering.
- You will become confident in using the tag manager interface and using workspaces.
- You will be able to understand the concepts of tags, triggers and variables.
- You will be able to use the tag manager to deploy some key tags and configure some custom web analytics tracking options.
- What is GTM?
- The GTM architecture.
- Why should I use GTM?
- What are tags and what can I use them for?
- What “ready made” tags are available?
Signing up and creating a container
- Signing up to GTM.
- Considering cross domain and sub domain tracking needs.
- Adding your first container.
- Deploying your container/s to your website.
- Upgrading from Universal Analytics to GTM.
- Signing in and choosing an account.
- Switching between accounts and adding accounts.
- Setting personal preferences.
- Administration controls and adding other users.
- About workspaces and versions.
- The interface.
- About Folders.
- Tags, Triggers and Variables.
- The GTM workflow process.
- Using built-in vs user defined variables.
- What is the Data Layer?
Creating your first tag
- Installing Google analytics universal tracking tag.
- Installing a social media tracking tag.
- Other ready made Tags available.
- Configuring your first trigger.
- Configuring a variable.
- Bonding a trigger and variable onto a tag.
- Switching to preview mode.
- Testing tags in Chrome.
- Testing tags with Google Analytics.
- Publishing your tags and workspace changes.
- Tracking the workflow and history.
Enhanced website tracking with GTM
- Identifying and planning trackable activities.
- Configuration accuracy.
- Simple form submission tracking.
- Simple button interaction tracking.
- Setting up document download tracking.
Working with 3rd party services
- Integrating Google Ads.
- Setting up a re-marketing tag in GTM.
- About youtube video tracking.
Questions and Answers
Sorry. No other course information available at the moment.