Pre Course Requirements
There are no pre-course requirements to attend my Google Analytics Introduction training course although you should have everyday PC or Mac skills.
Please note that this course assumes you have an existing website already set up with a google analytics account to which you have access. There maybe scope to allow access to a demo account for training purposes, but please notify me in advance if this is required.
- You will become confident in the Google Analytics interface and many of it’s key functions.
- You will learn about some of the administration functions of Google Analytics and how it is set up and collates data.
- You will learn about the key web metrics like page views, users, sessions and bounce rates, the key standard reporting features and what they mean.
- You will be able to customise and filter many of the key reports as well as layering the data for higher levels of user insight.
- You will get an overview of some of the more advanced features like dash boards, segments, events and goals.
- Logging into Google Analytics.
- About accounts, properties, views (profiles).
- User Roles.
- The Google Analytics interface.
- The date range controller.
- The home screen and insights.
- Working with tables, charts and report data.
The key GA metrics
- How Analytics tracks activities.
- Page views, sessions, users, time and bounce rates.
- How accurate is the key data.
- What does (not set), (not provided) and (other) mean.
- GDPR and Google Analytics.
- Default vs custom data gathering.
- Using Realtime reports.
Filtering and searching
- Simple searches.
- Using the secondary dimension tool.
- Using more advanced search filters.
- What are segments and how to use them.
About your Audience
- Using geographical reporting.
- Working with Demographic and Interest reports.
- How many of your visitors use mobile vs desktop or tablet.
- Other Technical profiling.
- Using the user flow report – User journey.
- About Channels, Sources and Mediums.
- What is Direct Traffic.
- What Social sites and actions add value.
- Integrating with Google Ads and Google Search Console.
- Custom campaign configuration and reporting.
Your site content
- Overview of URLs.
- Which pages are most popular with your visitors.
- How to find specific/key pages in reports.
- How to find a specific page in the visitors flow.
- User interaction basics (event tracking).
- Do your visitors use site search and what do they search for.
- What is a conversion?
- Identifying which conversions to track.
- Overview of setting up a conversion.
- Conversion reports.
- About e-commerce.
More report options
- Saving reports for future use.
- Working with, and setting up a dashboard.
- Exporting report data.
Questions and Answers
Sorry. No other course information available at the moment.