Pre Course Requirements
There are no pre-course knowledge requirements for attending the WordPress Introduction Training Course except everyday PC or Mac skills.
- You will learn all the key concepts involved in running and managing a WordPress website.
- You will understand how to organise, write and present your content in the most powerful way.
- You’ll be able to customise the look of your site and add important features and functions to make your site truly professional and unique.
- What is WordPress?
- What can WordPress do?
- WordPress support and help.
- The WordPress interface
- The admin bar and previewing your site
- Working with the dashboard
- Customising the screens
- Content controls
- Site admin controls
Adding and editing content
- Planning your content
- Pages vs Posts
- Categories, sub-categories and tags
- Adding and structuring pages
- Adding and structuring posts
- Basic look and feel changes
- Defining custom slug names
Site admin and configuration
- Adding users and user roles
- Changing site structure and permalinks
- Changing other site settings
- Managing post and page comments
- About updates
Working with images
- Uploading images to the media library
- Inserting images into posts and pages
- Controlling image position
- Defining featured images
- Advanced image settings
- Adding a photo gallery
- Adding videos
What is a plug-in?
- Installing plug-ins
- Adding a lightbox to your photo galleries
- Adding a contact form
- Adding Google Analytics to your site
- Adding SEO tools
Customising the look of your site
- What is a theme?
- Changing visual theme settings
- Adding a custom banner
- Working with Widgets and sidebars
- Controlling and customising menu bars
- Changing your theme
- Using a page builder plugin
Questions and Answers
Sorry. No other course information available at the moment.
Please leave a Comment
If you have attended this course or would like to comment on it or join the discusson, please fill in the comments form.
Please note: You must register to add comments and they must be approved before appearing here.