Pre Course Requirements
To attend the HTML fundamentals course you should have everyday PC or Mac skills.
No previous coding knowledge is required for this course, but a good internet connection and the ability to download and install some free software and browser extensions would be helpful.
- You will get a solid grasp of HTML principles and of front end coding in general.
- You will gain a good understanding of the HTML fundamental rules and syntax of HTML code.
- You will explore and use some of the key tools commonly used in front end development.
- You will be able to write HTML code from scratch and author simple web pages.
- You will be able to read and edit existing HTML code.
- You will work with a number of key HTML elements and structures.
HTML fundamentals course introduction
- What is HTML used for
- What other languages are used in front end development
- HTML 5 and older versions
- The key tools of the trade
- A little about content management systems (CMS)
- A little about HTML email
Creating your first page
- The HTML syntax and rules
- Creating an HTML file (document)
- File naming conventions
- Previewing and editing your document
Adding text content
- Creating headings and subheadings
- Adding titles and other metadata
- Creating paragraphs
- Defining important text with strong and em
- Creating line breaks
Working with lists
- Numbered (ordered) lists
- Unnumbered (unordered) lists
- Definition lists
- Nesting lists
Linking to other pages
- Adding hyperlinks to your pages
- Relative links vs Absolute links
- Working with URLs
- Links to your own pages
- Links to other websites
- Links to documents and downloads
Working with images
- Inserting images into the page
- Adding image links
- The best file formats to choose
- Compression and speed considerations
- Alternative text, titles and descriptions for images
- Controlling image placement
Working with tables
- Creating a table
- Creating rows and columns
- Adding table headings
- Adding a table caption and summary
- Merging cells
- The ideas of nesting tables for layout in email
Questions and Answers
Sorry. No other course information available at the moment.