Pre Course Requirements
You should have everyday PC or Mac skills to attand this SEO introduction training course.
- You will gain an understanding of how search engines function, how they crawl, rank and index pages.
- You will grasp some key concepts in SEO strategy and planing and learn how to prioritise the functions of SEO.
- You will understand how to produce great content that works well for both humans and engines.
- You will learn how to undertake successful keyword research for SEO.
- You will be able to analyse your web pages SEO performance and identify areas for improvement.
- You will understand more about the crawling process and good site organisation.
- What is SEO (Search Engine Optimisation)?
- What is SEO success and how to measure it?
- How an engine operates.
- Breaking the task into key areas of action.
- Defining a workflow for SEO.
- Identifying key content to work with.
How an engine works
- Overview of search algorithms.
- Changes and new ideas in SEO.
- About Expertise, Authority and Trust (EAT).
- About penalties and Black Hat SEO.
- Identifying content types that work.
- Creating rich content zones with corner stone content.
- How much content is enough?
- What is Googles PQR system and what we can learn from it.
- Main Content (MC) vs Supplementary content (SC) vs Ads.
- About YMYL and high risk pages and sites.
- Localisation factors and Google my Business.
- Googlebot and the crawling process.
- A simple Google cache test.
- Submitting / resubmitting content to engines.
- What tools can you use?
- What makes a great keyword?
- Long tail vs short tail terms.
- Factors to consider when choosing terminology.
- Picking the best keywords.
- Considering related terms and ideas.
On Page SEO
- What does a good page look like to an engine?
- Thinking about your URLs and slugs.
- Good page structure for SEO.
- About Headings and text content.
- What is the title tag and how important is it?
- What is meta data and how important is it?
- Does it matter what content goes where?
- Site speed and SEO and testing it.
Images and Video
- Adding images to web pages properly.
- Adding additional image information.
- Considering site speed and images.
- What about images in mobile?
- Adding video by embed vs social source.
- Adding supporting video information.
Backlinks and linking
- What is a backlink?
- How important are internal links?
- What about links from subdomains.
- What about outbound links?
Questions and Answers
Sorry. No other course information available at the moment.
Please leave a Comment
If you have attended this course or would like to comment on it or join the discusson, please fill in the comments form.
Please note: You must register to add comments and they must be approved before appearing here.