Pre Course Requirements
You should have everyday PC or Mac skills and have completed my Google Analytics introduction or have similar working knowledge of Google Analytics.
Please note that this course assumes you have an existing website already set up with a google analytics account to which you already have access.
- You will become more confident in the Google Analytics interface and many of its key functions.
- You’ll learn more about administrating Google Analytics and your users.
- You’ll learn about more advanced report creation, data filtering, and sharing the data with others.
- You will understand more about non-standard data gathering like event (interaction) tracking.
- You’ll learn about setting up goals and aligning conversions and value to your site traffic and content.
- Account Administration.
- About accounts, properties, views(profiles).
- User Roles.
- Checking view filters.
- Tag manager overview.
- GDPR compliance and anonymising user IP with Tag Manager.
Better page and content reports.
- Examining page paths and URLs and cleaning parameters.
- Understanding content drill down.
- Understanding page value and aligning pages to conversions.
- The event flow.
- Site speed reports.
Overview of non-standard data gathering.
- Setting up a simple site search.
- Event and interaction set up and reporting.
- Goal configuration (conversions).
- Demographic and interest reports.
Advanced filtering and sorting techniques.
- Searching reports.
- Using the secondary dimension tool.
- Understanding advanced search filters and regular expressions.
- Using system segments.
- Creating and applying custom segments.
Creating advanced reports.
- Creating and saving more complex reports.
- Creating a custom report.
- Working with, and setting up a dashboard.
- Deleting saved reports, dashboards and custom reports.
Enhanced acquisition reporting.
- Review of standard acquisition metrics
- Generating custom tracking codes manually.
- Using a google sheet to create and track custom tracking codes.
- Using custom campaign reports.
Working with Google Ads (Adwords).
- Integrating Google Ads.
- Understanding Adwords account structure and reports.
- When to use Adwords reports vs Analytics.
- Tying conversion data to Google Ads.
- Sharing your conversions into Adwords.
Analysing SEO performance.
- What is search console.
- Setting up search console (if viable).
- Integrating Google Search Console with GA.
- Working the Search Console reports in Analytics.
- When to use Analytics vs Search Console.
More advanced report sharing.
- Working with Google Sheets.
- Overview of Googles Data Studio.
Troubleshooting Analytics issues.
- What suspected false metrics might tell you.
- Testing correct technical set up.
Questions and Answers
All courses are live instructor-led classes conducted remotely using Zoom.
You will be sent class joining and Zoom details after booking confirmation is complete.
Private classes can be booked on-site in your office provided it is Covid secure and government restrictions allow it. Please contact me for more information on this.