Pre Course Requirements
To attend this advanced SEO training course you should have everyday PC or Mac skills and have completed the SEO introduction or have a similar working knowledge at least at a content level.
Some existing web design or development skills alongside a working knowledge of HTML would be useful but not essential.
- You will have an advanced SEO understanding of how search engines function, how they crawl, rank and index pages.
- You will be able to analyse your websites SEO performance more effectively to identify areas of improvement.
- You will learn how to use some of the key tools needed in practising SEO.
- You will fully understand the crawling process and how to manage your site.
- You will learn about site structure and technical SEO methods to improve your SEO performance.
- You will revisit key principals of content and page level SEO.
Advanced SEO training introduction
- Measuring successful SEO
- Key tools for SEO
Analysing your site
- Analysing results in Google Analytics.
- Introducing Search Console (previously webmaster tools).
- Setting up search console (if viable).
- Integrating Google Search Console with Google Analytics.
- Submitting your content to Google.
- Using pro tools.
More about page rank
- SEO algorithms in more detail.
- The latest changes to ranking ideas and methods.
- What we can learn from Googles PQR system.
- About YMYL and high risk pages and sites.
- About Expertise, Authority and Trust (EAT).
Content for Advanced SEO
- Identifying specialist content types.
- Testing pages for SEO conformance.
- Page structure and SEO.
- Site performance and efficiency.
- Testing site speed.
- Working with Image and Video content.
- Main Content (MC) vs Supplementary content (SC) vs Ads.
- Content schemas – microdata and/or schema.org.
Crawling in detail
- Googlebot and the crawling process.
- Simple examination of Google’s cached index.
- Redirects, canonicals, index and no-index meta data.
- Analysing crawl issues with Google Search Console.
- Looking at crawl history for key pages.
- Re submitting crawl requests after content changes.
- Other crawler tools.
Site setup for SEO
- Overview of URLs and site structure.
- Analysing site issues with Google Search Console.
- Managing the crawl process.
- Identifying and dealing with duplicate content.
- Benefits and limitations of CMS Systems.
- Image and Video sitemaps.
- About AMP.
Driving page rank
- Examining backlink profiles in Search Console.
- Working with backlinks in other tools.
- Successful backlink building.
- The role of internal linking.
- The role of social media.
- Fixing bad or low trust links.
- Other methods of driving traffic.
Questions and Answers
This course makes use of some key tools you will usually require as an SEO specialist. If you have them you will need access to the following tools:
- Your Google Analytics Account
- Google Search Console
If you have not used Search Console before and need to set it up prior to training (this is a good idea as it takes some time for the data to build) please see this support information.