Pre Course Requirements
To attend this advanced SEO training course you should have everyday PC or Mac skills and have completed the SEO introduction or have a similar working knowledge at least at a content level.
Some existing web design or development skills alongside a working knowledge of HTML would be useful but not essential.
- You will have an advanced SEO understanding of how search engines function, how they crawl, rank and index pages.
- You will be able to analyse your websites SEO performance more effectively to identify areas of improvement.
- You will learn how to use some of the key tools needed in practising SEO.
- You will fully understand the crawling process and how to manage your site.
- You will learn about site structure and technical SEO methods to improve your SEO performance.
- You will revisit key principals of content and page level SEO.
Advanced SEO training introduction
- Measuring successful SEO
- Key tools for SEO
Analysing your site
- Analysing results in Google Analytics.
- Introducing Search Console (previously webmaster tools).
- Setting up search console (if viable).
- Integrating Google Search Console with Google Analytics.
- Submitting your content to Google.
- Using pro tools.
More about page rank
- SEO algorithms in more detail.
- The latest changes to ranking ideas and methods.
- What we can learn from Googles PQR system.
- About YMYL and high risk pages and sites.
- About Expertise, Authority and Trust (EAT).
Content for Advanced SEO
- Identifying specialist content types.
- Testing pages for SEO conformance.
- Page structure and SEO.
- Site performance and efficiency.
- Testing site speed.
- Working with Image and Video content.
- Main Content (MC) vs Supplementary content (SC) vs Ads.
- Content schemas – microdata and/or schema.org.
Crawling in detail
- Googlebot and the crawling process.
- Simple examination of Google’s cached index.
- Redirects, canonicals, index and no-index meta data.
- Analysing crawl issues with Google Search Console.
- Looking at crawl history for key pages.
- Re submitting crawl requests after content changes.
- Other crawler tools.
Site setup for SEO
- Overview of URLs and site structure.
- Analysing site issues with Google Search Console.
- Managing the crawl process.
- Identifying and dealing with duplicate content.
- Benefits and limitations of CMS Systems.
- Image and Video sitemaps.
- About AMP.
Driving page rank
- Examining backlink profiles in Search Console.
- Working with backlinks in other tools.
- Successful backlink building.
- The role of internal linking.
- The role of social media.
- Fixing bad or low trust links.
- Other methods of driving traffic.
Questions and Answers
Sorry. No other course information available at the moment.